SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I want to crew aboard a sailboat bound for America from China this coming winter. I've been teaching in China the past 2 years so I'm preferably looking for a boat leaving from Asia and headed back to the states but I'm not too particular really. I'm 24 years old and have limited sailing experience from growing up on a lake cruiser and family sailing vacations, but I learn fast and well. I can leave starting with the new year.
I hope somebody has a position or can point me in the right direction!
-James

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm intending to depart Malaysia for Indonesia, Palau, Carolines, Marshalls, Kiribati, Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu and Cairns Australia in Feb March. 36 ft (11m) ketch good condition - new engine & rigging. You may like to come as far as say Tonga or Fiji. Reply if interested

Tony Pryke
Cairns Australia
Vela II

·
Registered
898 Posts
China to North America is not sailed in the winter by small craft. The routes do not have pleasant conditions. Between May and August is preferred.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Langkawi very busy working on boat. Not intending to travel KL until end of this month. If you're able to get here you could meet us (me and the boat). I could provide overnight accom. if you decide to overnight. Otherwise I intend to be KL on Fri 31 Jan.

Regards
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts