SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to the area and am looking to connect with the local sailing community. I have been on the water most of my life with a good amount of experience sailing. I am a mature, responsible female with skills as helmsman, 1st mate, deckhand and reluctant galley wench. I prefer day sailing and cruising but will race if I have to. :D

I intend to purchase my own boat but would like to familarize myself with the local sailing grounds before I do.

Any Captains sailing out of Bradley, Seapath, Carolina Beach or Southport? Would appreciate connecting.

Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in the area and keep my boat in the Carolina Beach Basin.

I have limited experience (been sailing again about 2 years, no formal training since I was 12) and only have a Macgregor Hybrid so probably not your cup of tea.

But if you're interested, PM me and and when we get some warmer days I'll gladly let you tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!! I know a bit more than some but quite a bit less than most so perhaps collectively we'll do just fine.

Appreciate the offer and that sounds like a plan. Only problem is I think I saw that since I've not posted too many times I can't PM anyone just yet. Not sure what the post count is for that.

Are you on facebook? There's a group called Kure and Carolina Beach locals. Perhaps we can connect there. I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks so much!! Warmer days on the water would be nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just moved to the area and am looking to connect with the local sailing community. I have been on the water most of my life with a good amount of experience sailing. I am a mature, responsible female with skills as helmsman, 1st mate, deckhand and reluctant galley wench. I prefer day sailing and cruising but will race if I have to. :D

I intend to purchase my own boat but would like to familarize myself with the local sailing grounds before I do.

Any Captains sailing out of Bradley, Seapath, Carolina Beach or Southport? Would appreciate connecting.

Cheers!
CastingOff,

If you are willing to go a little further, I am looking for casual day sailing crew for my Dufour 36 in Little River, SC. It's about a 50 minute drive from Wilmington. Let me know if interested and we'll coordinate schedules and weather.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey StLKid,
Thanks for the invite. Yes, let me know what days you are considering.

I just joined Carolina Sailors on FB. Are you there too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
castingoff:
This Sunday probably won't be the best weather, but I am available all day. Tuesday looks better weather-wise, and I can go out at noon and be back before sunset. Let me know if you are coming aboard. I AM in Carolina Sailors FB group. Look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know who you are in Carolina Sailors, and I will keep inviting you via FaceBook whenever I'm headed out. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts