SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in Bali after a great cruise up from New Zealand through Vanuatu, Solomons, PNG and Indonesia and my crew has heard the call of the "real world" (i.e. a job offer) so I am looking for new crew to sail up through Indonesia to Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand before setting out west across the Indian Ocean. No requirements other than being enthusiastic, relatively easy to get along with and interesting. Age really is no issue.

Itinerary is fairly flexible but the timing would be leaving bali in mid-January to take advantage of the NE monsoon across to Sri Lanka. Passage up through Indonesia would be a series of short overnights and day sails and then some time in Langkawi or Phuket to prepare for the Indian.

No need to commit for the whole way across the Indian, through Langkawi/Phuket is OK, too. I'm a 33 year-old, pretty laid back captain when it comes to getting along but I don't skimp on safety or seamanship. This is a shared cost basis but, depending on how you like to live, it is quite affordable.

The boat is a 1982 Skye 51, cruising equipped, and I have been sailing her around the world for the past 5 years. Couples welcome.

Please send me an email directly if interested at jwsmith81 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks!
Jesse

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
Skye 51,nice! Similar boat to my Kaufman 47. Pictures are beautiful!

If you read this, where is that last photo taken with the mounds like that? I understand if you don't give me exactly where but a country or Island would be great!

- Ronnie...on the geaux

·
1982 Skye 51
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kicka, i'm still in Thailand and will be in Penang in a week or so.

Sailredemption, how is the refit going? we sent a few PMs a while ago about our boats. keep condensing your lists and, when you get them down one page, ball it up and go sailing!

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
kicka, i'm still in Thailand and will be in Penang in a week or so.

Sailredemption, how is the refit going? we sent a few PMs a while ago about our boats. keep condensing your lists and, when you get them down one page, ball it up and go sailing!
Haha that's right! Thought your username looked familiar! It's going good, got the new steering g pedestal on before I left for work and when I get back I'm looking to get that new Yanmar running for sea trials! A then I'll definitely be sailing it on weekends when not working on it. Thanks for keeping up, I hope to get some breath-taking photos like you sooner than later.

- Ronnie...on the geaux

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.