SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
美國佬
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the plan - I've got nearly a month of vacation days to use up, and I want to spend a good part of that on my boat. I'd like to make another trip down the Chesapeake and either head down the ICW or do some hops in the Atlantic, then loop back.

Unfortunately, my wife says I can't go without crew. So I need someone who can pose as such. Have a friend or parent drop you off at our community pier, then pick you up when I drop you off in Annapolis three hours later. I'll provide all the Gatorade and potato chips you need for the journey.

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
Besides the obvious...Gatorade is just nasty...what happens if, hypothetically like, something happens that causes your wife to have to hypothetically call out the Coast Guard and they spend time and resources looking for a second person who does not exist?

Just a thought that wandered through my head.

·
Kynntana (Freedom 38)
977 Posts
You're an adult. Either go or don't go by yourself and communicate this honestly to your wife. My mother has this type of dysfunction to "not tell anyone" (even hospitalization for surgery) in case it might upset or worry the others. It's very annoying.

Get over it....

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're an adult. Either go or don't go by yourself and communicate this honestly to your wife. My mother has this type of dysfunction to "not tell anyone" (even hospitalization for surgery) in case it might upset or worry the others. It's very annoying.

Get over it....
Yeah, and knock it off with the sense of humor stuff too! We have to be serious about everything all of the time. Got it? Good!

·
Administrator
5,924 Posts
I can't tell if he's joking or not. But that he posted it in Crew Wanted, I'm leaning towards Not.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
2,150 Posts
Here's the plan - I've got nearly a month of vacation days to use up, and I want to spend a good part of that on my boat. I'd like to make another trip down the Chesapeake and either head down the ICW or do some hops in the Atlantic, then loop back.

Unfortunately, my wife says I can't go without crew. So I need someone who can pose as such. Have a friend or parent drop you off at our community pier, then pick you up when I drop you off in Annapolis three hours later. I'll provide all the Gatorade and potato chips you need for the journey.
Bring a photogenic cardboard cutout of a dorky crew member for your sailing "selfies" to show the old ball and chain that you are still the cautious fellow she married, not some wild risk-taker throwing caution to the wind and/or profligate shacking up with some boat ho'.

·
美國佬
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bring a photogenic cardboard cutout of a dorky crew member for your sailing "selfies" to show the old ball and chain that you are still the cautious fellow she married, not some wild risk-taker throwing caution to the wind and/or profligate shacking up with some boat ho'.
Thank you - I was wondering when I'd finally get a considered and helpful response from someone. Better yet, something like that inflatable copilot in the movie Airplane would work even better, because he could steer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts