SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a Colvic UFO 27 Cruiser / Racer that said I DO NOT race.
The vessel is a fast steady yacht that loves dancing along at 10 (ten) to (13) knots.

Vessel easily averages a hundred nautical miles daily, wind permitting.

Vessel is rigged for solo sailing ALL lines lead back to cockpit.
Using the Spinnkar solo is a nightmare....most days... so I take occasional crew to assist from time-to-time.

Listed below are my next few weeks way points.
If your after mile building, sail experience, night passage making, excitement, fun, and are phisically fit to sail then you may want to see if you can join me. Just PM me on here.

Next port ETA Falmouth Harbour 23rd July (Area South UK Cornwall)

Expected Dep: 26th July to Penzance (Newlyn Area South UK Cornwall)

Then:
Port: Padstow (Area South UK Cornwall, ready for Bristol Channel crossing) ((4th time this year for Bristol channel))
Port: Milford Haven (Area Pembrokeshire UK)
Port: Fishguard (South West Wales UK Dyfed)
Port: Pwllelli (Llyn Peninsula North West Wales UK)
Port: Holyhead (Gwynedd North Wales UK)
Port: Conway (North Wales UK Conway County formely Gwynedd)
Port: Liverpool (Merseyside UK)

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Sounds interesting :)

1. Do you take a crew from this side of the pond?
2. Willing to join for the longest leg of the trip. Most likely I can't do the whole trip. Monetary is not an issue, but time is premium for me.
3. Availability of an easy on and easy off ports via public transportation
4. A listing of boat inventories
5. I travel extensively and love sightseeing, but this is not my objective. Just want sea miles.
6. What do you provide to the crew and what is the expectation from the crew.
7. I carry all my own gear and safety items, and ready yo sail.

PM me if I am qualified. We can talk more.

Reactions: mwerff

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your side of the pond

Hi rochDAWG,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

YES is the answer to you question I will take anybody from the Pond or Ponds ;-)... However logistics dictate you would not have sufficient time to make the distance to this vessel.

I do plan on several additional passages including African Gold Coast throught to Australia so will keep your details on hand.

On this vessel ALL food and drink is always provided plus up-to-date automatic lifejackets the vessel holds supplies sufficient for a few people for 6-8 weeks. restocking each time port is made.

The vessel also has autopilot,windex,log,navtex, radio x 2, flares etc

Plus it has an emergency SART beacon transmitter for golbal use.

If you have a CV and/or covering letter please forward when possible.

Kindest Regards

Thestar

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi HeartsContent,

Yes it is fast for a sailing yacht of this size normal speeds would be around 5-7 knots.
Holman & Pye designed the UFO for cruising & racing LOA 8.2m Beam 9.0m Draft 1.5 Fin Keeled it loves Flying through the water at 10-13kts ...perhaps that why the named it a UFO?

Kindest Regards

Thestar

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Just curious, what is the hull speed of the boat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crew available for sailiing

Hi,
I am really interested in crewing a boat with an amiable skipper to learn the ropes.

I am 47, lawyer by qualification, adventure sports enthusiast (paragliding, trekking etc). I am good with my hands and common sense and can cook, repair, and learn stuff quickly.

No time constraints, can travel to join the boat. Willing to cover my food and other expenses on board. I 've a good sense of humor (so told! ppl might ve been lying!! :) ) and am easy going person.

Wanna learn before i invest in my own sail boat.

·
Senior in age only!!!
554 Posts
love to do a leg or three, available after 10th August.
Sail the East coast of the Irish Sea and would enjoy seeing whats beyond the horizon,:)
Safe sailing

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
love to do a leg or three, available after 10th August.
Sail the East coast of the Irish Sea and would enjoy seeing whats beyond the horizon,:)
Safe sailing
Great stuff PM for more details etc

Do I detect a Westerly sea person? ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Falmouth

Hello Thestar,

we got know each other already ;)

I hope that you will have arrived in Falmouth save and happy when you read this post. Sorry but I have another question to your wording: What exactly is a Westerly sea person ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good day Christan,

Still enroute Falmouth weather delays as normal.

A Westerly is a brand of vessel very popular and much loved in UK.
The person I had used the "Westerly Sea Person" Phrase had a model of Westerly in thier Sailnet name (Centaur) there is many models.

Fair Winds

Kindest Regards

Thestar

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A racing club spec sheet

Just curious, what is the hull speed of the boat?
Hi will uplift the vessels racing club spec sheet at next port lots of figures,

I should add I do not race....except when caught in an unexpected squall! :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Senior in age only!!!
554 Posts
Hello Thestar,

we got know each other already ;)

I hope that you will have arrived in Falmouth save and happy when you read this post. Sorry but I have another question to your wording: What exactly is a Westerly sea person ?
Hi Christian. from a previous post.
My Westerly Centaur "Aurora" on her summer mooring in Skerries bay, Dublin. Not sure I,d describe her as a beauty but she takes me to beautiful places.
Shes a bit rough but always ready. Easily managed and capable of taking a beating.
Manufacturer sugests retireing to the cabin if it gets too rough and the boat will look after itself!! Can,t beat that for confidence. Never tried it yet tho.
Was sleeping on board a fairly modern cruiser recently and could see the wavlets through the hull, scary given Aurora,s hull is at least an inch solid GPR.
Safe sailing
Ps Thestar,
No response to my PM.
Attached Images

Attachments

Reactions: Thestar

·
Registered
101 Posts
Boats and Beauty

....thank you for the picture! For me it does look beautiful, at least more beautiful than many of the modern-style designed boats. Compared to cars I would prefer every old and coughing MG to all these perfect silver machines coming from...you know from where, don´t you?
;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
new crew from Canada

Hello there,

Would you be willing to take on someone new to sailing? I'd be free from mid-August until whenever you decide to quit. I'm 25 and pull twice my weight in work. If you're interested, please IM/E-mail me more details as to where/when you'd need me, and what I'd need to bring with me from home.

All the best,
Garrett

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry never got this in my email....
Check the member CREW WANTED SECTION I posted FULL details for crew.
Just had a fantastic crew member leave from current port to return home to USA they enjoyed the experience although our weather gave them a shock it was a rather nasty one night short storm that came with Northerly winds shame really...

Kindest Regards

Will

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your boat is excellent sorry no reply had sailed crazy me went solo and spent several days sailing none stop. I always liked the deep safe cockpit on your Westerly model and yes storm wise it would easily handle it if you plan any winter sailing I am up for it :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Thestar,
sounds like you had some great sailing during the last weeks...I had posted your crew request in some german speaking forums, but there were no responses. Any plans for winter?
gtx chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts