SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crew wanted by new owner of Dufour 36 for casual day sailing out of Southport, . Experience is preferred, but passion required. Will consider longer cruises, and/or racing in 2015 with right crew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have saled my 22 oday up and down the nc coast i am in Hampstead willing to drive out there need to get back into it befor i take a trip to the Bahamas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next day I can go out, due to work, is Thurs July 3rd. Let me know if available. Probably a little more than an hours drive from Hampstead. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Sounds great.

I got your PM, but am new and can only reply here. I will give you a phone call today & plan on going out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi StLKid,

I'm interested in some weekend day sailing. A little about myself:

I recently finished grad school in 2012 and am working in the Raleigh area. I've sailed small boats since I was in middle school - I started with mini fish/sunfish boats and have been sailing Hobie 16s for the past 10 years. I'm looking to start sailing larger monohulls and am hoping to find a more experienced captain to crew with so that I can learn the ropes of larger boat sailing.

Let me know if you'd like to chat more about sailing together. Perhaps a Skype meeting would be more helpful.

Sincerely,
Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Chris,

Thanks your for reply. I am not the most experienced skipper, but between what I know, plus self study, you should be able to learn a fair amount.

I do not currently Skype, but do belong to a group, Carolina Sailors, on Facebook, so possibly we could connect there.

My next planned weekend day sail is Sunday, Aug 10th. I also sail some weekdays, if you are available. Let me know if you are in, and thanks again.

Stewart

·
Registered
38 Posts
StLKid, your string is a couple months old. Not sure if you're still going out. I am by no means a pro, but have some good experience, and have helped some friends along with their skills in their 30' Yamaha in Little River. I'm in Wilmington, looking to get my own boat, but in the meantime, enjoy going out with others and learning from each other. Work at Camp Lejeune.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Silverton 10,

I moved south to Little River, SC, but still interested in day crew. If you don't mind driving the additional distance, let me know and we will try to coordinate our schedules and the weather and plan a day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Little River is only about 45 min or so, and as I said I go down sometime to sail with friends there, so would be easy enough to do. This weekend I'm hoping to go up to Oriental, even into Virginia, and maybe down to Charleston to check out some boats (in the market myself, and have a long weekend). But definitely, keep me in mind and I'm usually very flexible on weekends. Thanks. Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts