SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners (a couple) Seek Crew (1 or 2) for 18-ton Cutter Cruising US East Coast.

We have sailed our 1998 Bruce Roberts Offshore-44 all up and down the East Coast these past ten years. Now we are 68 and 66 years old, and no longer able to handle her with confidence in all conditions. Kestrel (Natick) is a sweet boat, a little slow in light air but solid as a rock. We need one or two competent deckhands, preferably a couple, who will share the spacious forward V-berth with its own head and who can sail with us to destinations yet undetermined. Bermuda and/or the Bras d'Or Lakes of Cape Breton are possible. Block Island and Long Island Sound are likely. This arrangement is open ended and only about half time, although your berth is always available to you even while docked. Expenses paid. Compensation negotiable but won't be a lot. 508-655-8123

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This is not something I could do all summer or would do for pay. But if given advance notice I could schedule time off in the summer to make some trips with you. If you are interested let me know and I will call or email you. I live and sail (mostly) in Massachusetts.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,834 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Experienced crew here and soon to be 50 tn inland captain (paperwork pending). Ive been running sailing lessons on a Gib'sea 43 in the Carribean this past fall and am currently working aboard the Roseway. I am based in Long Island, where will be returning in May. Please email me if you still need crew.

Miranda J Holman at Gmail dot com.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
The original poster provided a telephone number. I suspect that is how they prefer to be contacted since their last date logged in was the day they posted the message. If interested it is probably best to make contact by phone rather than rely on them checking the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.