SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Iroquois MkII
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I will be needing to strip, and then crimp lugs onto, 4- and 6-gauge battery wire, as part of my rewiring project.

Does anybody in southeastern MA have a stripper / crimper that can handle that, that I can borrow some coming weekend, so I can finish up my rewiring?

I'd be specifically looking for one of the professional types, not the kind where you whap it with a hammer - I don't think they do a good enough job crimping.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
6,808 Posts
Sailing Dog

Sailing Dog has one and he's been generous with it in the past, (does not mean he would be to a complete stranger though as I can't speak for him).

If he loans it to you I would at least offer him some good booze as payment..:D

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
LFC—

I do have one and would be happy to help you out. :) However, booze doesn't generally work as a payment, since I don't drink as a general rule. I'll be in Connecticut this weekend, helping out another Sailnetter, but will be around next week... and will actually be in Marion for part of it, as I'm helping my friend on with his boat, which is on a mooring there. :) PM me with your contact info, and we'll touch base next week. :)

·
Telstar 28
993 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts