SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Labalancester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...!

We are a danish young couple looking for someone going from Venezuela or Trinidad/Tobago to Europe sometime around March/April 2010. We may be early out asking, but it´s only because we have no idea of how difficult it will be to fullfill this wish and because we really want this to happen...

We are, of course, willing to work as crazy, if nescesary, on the boat.

So far we´ve been in Southamerica around 15 months, enjoying the wonders of this beautiful continent, working where we can with music and artesan work being some of our sources to support life.

Greetings, hope to hear some positive news... Any questions, please write us...

Maria & Jan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hilsner! Jeg håber du har en god tid i Sydamerika.

Maria and Jan: Saw your posting and couldnt resist. Im looking to make a trans atlantic crossing. Like all armchair sailors it is my dream and I would love to check it off my list. I have some offshore experience but would love more. I would be happy to share expenses and cover my own travel expenses. Im 55, I have been sailing for a long time and I would love to visit you on your boat in Trinidad if you would like before you make up your mind.

Also if I can help you find parts or anything up here (Texas) let me know. I would be happy to share expenses. Even if your full drop me a line and let me know how it is going. Best Regards Michael.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Maria and Jan

I'm a 42 y/o guy who is also looking to do a transatlantic crossing. I did a few trips from New York to Bermuda and to Main. I plan on circumnavigating the oceans in in about 5 years but want to get some more blue water experiencebefore I take this jurney.
I can cover my own costs and can be a great helping hand whether at the helm or a deck hand.
Let me know if interested.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Guys—

Maria and Jan do not have a boat. They are looking for a ride.

·
Labalancester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the funny responding. To leave it all clear we are actually looking for a boat and if you do find one please let us know.... ;-) We are now in Colombia and are planning to leave from Cartagena in early March 2010if not before... We do not have any experience but we are a happy couple travelling with many musical instruments (some of them we do actually play...) and very open to help with whatever nescesary on the boat...

Maria & Jan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts