SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Dirt Free
build a hatch over your chain locker. Getting a chain tangled is not that unusual and getting down below to straighten it out could be difficult if not dangerous in certain conditions.

Dirt Free
Building an anchor locker can be done but it is no small task since you would need to reinforce the deck where you created the new opening. The anchor locker would need a bottom that would be above the waterline when heeled and would need a drain as well.
Jeff
Not all that difficult, a weekend job I've done three times.
Friday night - Cut out the deck. Build/mold the drain channel and canted bottom of the locker.
Saturday - Epoxy in the drain channel and canted locker bottom. Glass the hatch edges and hatch opening edges
Sunday - Drill drain hole just above the canted locker bottom. Fair and paint early in the morning, install hinges and latch Sunday night..

Dirt Free
You are a very fast man. It took me more than a weekend to remove an anchor locker lid, install a new core, glass the bottom of the core and hatch, and reinstall.

Jeff
I have terrific back up :) and she does better glass work than me.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.