SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cruising Boat Advice KP44

Hello everyone,
I'm searching for a cruising sailboat. Currently in a position of trading my Florida sailboat waterfront for a boat. Limits the options. Have a opportunity on a KP44, that based on pictures and discussion is pretty well set up, a visit will tell the tale. The KP44 seems to have a very good rep as a bulletproof bluewater sailor, I'm just having a hard time getting around the draft (6'4") issue. Mast height on the inter-coastal could be an issue as well. Early on intentions would be east coast, gulf and caribbean. Lots of skinny water! Curious as to comments from experienced cruisers on this.
Thank you all for your time.
KM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TQA
No teak decks. I agree, wouldn't want that! Specs I've seen are 60' on the mast, but since they were all outfitted where they were first shipped and not as a part of original production that could possibly vary.
The draft is my biggest concern. It will keep you out farther in many anchorages, I'm sure. Feedback from cruisers with a deep draft and how they feel about it once they've been there would be helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Marty,
Yeah, I have to agree! I think at 60' height should be fine in most places. I am somewhat torn on the mono vs cat. But I do intend to live aboard and capacity becomes an issue. Have to have my tools!
Thanks for the reply, happy sailing!
KM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.