SailNet Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
These are the three Tassie guides I have. Lets be honest here, I've not used any of them in anger so I cannot vouch for the things. Cruising Tasmania is the one f182 mentioned.

All of them available from Boats Books which is where I lifted the pics. Links below.

Boat Books Australia

Boat Books Australia

Boat Books Australia

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok its an old post but im looking for books on the Victorian coast.
CREEKS AND HARBOURS OF PORT PHILLIP,RICHARD HAWKINS.
CREEKS AND HARBOURS OF WESTERNPORT
CREEKS AND HARBOURS of the GIPPSLAND LAKES
Are the only books I can find.

·
3,506 Posts
We used a really old Lucas guide book while cruising the Coral Coast is 07/08. Good humour in Lucas's style and description of the coast 30 years ago or so...Get up to date charts, Lucas info good, but will be a bit dated. I left my guide book at the Darwin Yacht club, so there is a freebie around, as well as my charts.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Creeks & Harbours of the Gippsland Lakes by Richard Hawkins was the one I used when I used to regularly spend time at the lakes.

Ilenart

·
Registered
80 Posts
At last an Australian cruising guide that can be updated ~ view it straight off the net !

Tasmania
South Australia
Queensland
Mud maps for Kimberely

We're working on the Top end and NW WA. Contributions very welcome.

This Tasmania Guide
is also available in 3 formats, printable PDF, iPad or kindle.

Of the others we have found the WA guide to be accurate and useful, updated by contributions. JackandJude.com has anchorages listed for the isolated WA south coast. Plenty of photos to bring reality to the words and diagrams.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts