SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo,

im setting sail on the start of august to the carribians.
this means i have at least 3 mounths to get to the canaris.
i am planning to use any sper time along the way for work, easy to get work like day-work on mega -yachts or anything that pais fair mony. these will have to be temporary jobs obviasly.
im interested to hear about diffrent places in the mediterrenian that can privide plantu of these kinds of works in this season.

also, if anybody knows of a good gide book for the atlantic, carribian and even the pacific, i would like to hear your recomandations. im talking about good books that teach weather patterns and anything important.

thank you all very mach!

gal ecker

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
I think you may find that the mega-yachts are in locations where you will not be able to find anchorages and will need to stay in marinas that are very costly and likely to eat up most of the money you earn. Once you get into the western Med it becomes a very costly area to cruise. Can't help you with books for the eastern side of Atlantic. I assume you have Cornell's book on planning ocean passages. The cruising guides to the eastern Caribbean are not wonderful, but Doyle's is probably the best.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Shalom Gal,
There are a few free cruising guides for the Caribbean online. You can find them here:
Free Cruising Guides
scroll down the page and you will see 9 free cruising guides for various islands as well as other free information.

You don't mention it, but if you would be interested we have spare copies of ALL the pilot books for the Mediterranean. They are a not up to date, but the basic information never changes.

Where are you in Israel? We are currently in the Eilat marina. If you are interested email us at svyofy dott gmail dott com or message us here and we can pass them to you.

As for working in the Med, you might get lucky but remember that everybody is suffering financially and there's lots of folks out there looking for work. Better to be prepared to anchor out as much as possible and make for longer passages.

Manny and Robyn

·
Administrator
7,613 Posts
Marmaris, Turkey and Palma de Mallorcia are going to be the two good noes as you wont have time to hit Cannes and Antibes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts