SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i'm winning the Powerball on wednesday and i keep seeing cruising from $500 - $3k a month every day; i'm throwing this out there. :D

Thursday i'll be stopping in to put my deposit down on my new.........
Southerly 675 - Introduction

Then my other boat for summertime cruising up north....
Antares 44 Catamaran Exterior Pictures

I'll have to use my current beast till i take delivery. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think this is actually a cool thread , we have our reality boat and we have our dream boat. Mine would be something like a Chapelle Schooner . A 120 footer should do .

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since i've never lived that way i guess i may be off a little bit.

In the desert i lived on about $15.00 a week (room and board included); it was an all inclusive trip to include airfare! (5x) I actually got to go to Prison for 6 1/2 months; in Iraq. Now that was fun........not

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
instead of a helopad, I'd have an ultralight seaplane tucked in the garage in the back.

I'd probably run a Mark-of-Sea-Life dating service as a hobby. You know, bringing beautiful woman down to the islands to introduce to him. I'd enjoy sucking down painkillers while he chatted them up.

I'd host a SN rendezvous. Anyone who I've ever "liked" would get round trip airfare.

Regards,
Brad

·
Master Mariner
9,225 Posts
I've run a couple of megayachts that had a budget in the 10k a week range. A French chef and a top shelf bar were some of the perks for the crew, when we weren't entertaining.
Ah, the good old days......

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I read a great article from a guy and his wife on a mid size Nordhavn saying $10,000 per month was the absolute minimum.

It was a great read.
A MV that size on cruise could burn a couple grand a month in diesel....and then an oil change could cost $150 or more even if it was DIY. Insurance could run close to $1,000 a month...marina slips $100 a night....and the beat goes on...and on....it doesn't leave a lot for groceries. But who needs groceries if you eat out every night.

If you have to ask how much it costs......:D

·
Pondering
243 Posts
Already bought my lucky numbers - just hope I bought them for the right Drawing:confused:

·
s/v Tiger Lily
624 Posts
Even with newly found deep pocketed funds, would you prefer a megayacht with a crew or a sizable yacht that you could still sail yourself? Don't say both (even though that would be the logical answer).

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,258 Posts
Even with newly found deep pocketed funds, would you prefer a megayacht with a crew or a sizable yacht that you could still sail yourself? Don't say both (even though that would be the logical answer).
I'd stick with what I got. :D

If I did get something bigger, I wouldn't want something that required a crew.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts