SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fuel tank as a leak and after trying to repair it by building a new bottom still no luck.

Where can i buy a new one ?

·
Freedom 39
1,156 Posts
What do you want your new tank to be made out of? Are you trying to find the OEM? Moeller has numerous plastic tanks. RDS has numerous aluminum tanks. A local welding shop could probably use your existing tank as a template and make a replacement. There are also numerous manufacturers of coatings that can be put on the inside of your tank. Aero Tec Labs makes soft tanks that can be custom made to fit inside your existing tank.

·
Super Moderator
6,804 Posts
My fuel tank as a leak and after trying to repair it by building a new bottom still no luck.

Where can i buy a new one ?
It is a custom build at this point. I would urge going up to 1/8" wall thickness and having extra tappings installed for such things as a future heater or fuel polishing system.. Any tank maker can make it from exacting measurements and drawings....

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,217 Posts
Ditto the custom build. Be sure when re-installing to provide better drainage so the new tank will last longer, has your hot water heater been leaking?

You can find threads about removing the tank, some talk about cutting it into pieces, but if your engine mounts or hot water tank or steering are original or you have any backed up engine work, the tank comes out very easily after the engine is out...Just line up the bank loan in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I am going to do some phone calls tomorrow.
Just hope it wont be too expensive ...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Atlantic Coastal Welding. speedytanks.com in new jersey made a replacement for out 36t. They had the dimensions and shipped to me in about a week. Think it was around $600.
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts