SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
Try and send a PM to David ie Dodenja on here, He has one one here in Edmonds. Seems like a nice boat, then again, we both have boats designed by that Castro character.

Having sailed it once, I did not find it to be a bad sailing boat. Davids did need some tuning, new sails or a recut of the main IIRC. Seems like it would be a nice boat for cruising.

Marty

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
Davids boat has the traveller in the cockpit per say. But it has been moved a bit back from where it is supposed to be. As the previous owner could not use the traveler in its intended spot with a dodger installed. This probably was noticed by the manufacture, and re[laced/designed at the factory in 90, along with the different ladder part of the equation.

Marty

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
David,

No coward here, did not know there was a race. As I am NOT on CYCE's email list. I suppose I should rejoin the idjiots. but probably will not be after the **** on my face a couple of them did to the main sponsor and myself. No apologies as of yet. They are lucky I did not delete the FB page, considering I was a main person on it!

Sheryl and I were having brunch at Anthony's as we saw you all coming in.

Marty

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
David,

BEFORE you put said baby stay on your boat, come out for a sail with me, you will NOT want a BS afterwards, excepting if you only use a 110 or smaller, or a really light cloth like my drifter. Otherwise, YOU NEED a person forward to move a genoa larger than 130 or so around the baby stay while tacking, or it can and will get caught, and one will need to go forward to un catch the genoa.

I have thought of a removable BS for my boat, but two boats like mine have lost masts locally. Not sure if it is due to a lighter mast sizing, or some due to some wood under the mast base that starts to rot. OR a combo there of. An adjustable stay would be nice to give the mast a bit more bend. BUT< I can adjust my mast enough with the back stay.

MBee, Yes David is teh person I mentioned as did Faster earlier in the thread that has a Merlin. A good guy, despite moving his boat closer to the shore vs being across from me......not sure if his beer supply gets emptied as much any more.....but that is another story.

Marty

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
David,

I did not realize you had a baby stay. So yes, a removable adjusting one would be nice to have. I've seen that done on another boat like mine. pretty slick actually. I recall a 4-1 being used. Then again, my mast is just a bit smaller than yours!:D

Marty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.