SailNet Community banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Cuba Sailing- Hobie Cat- Cayo Santa Maria

If you knew anything about sailing in Cuba, which you apparently don't. You would know who he is.
Lets get back to the topic. Hobie 15s. Ever sailed one? How much do you charge to run your moisture meter up and down the hull of a Hobie 15, or have you never surveyed one either?

·
Dirt Free
2,654 Posts

Lets get back to the topic. Hobie 15s. Ever sailed one? How much do you charge to run your moisture meter up and down the hull of a Hobie 15, or have you never surveyed one either?
BRILLIANT comeback :)

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

BRILLIANT comeback :)
Why dont you just answer the question? Have you ever sailed a Hobie 15? Have you ever sailed in the waters off Cayo Santa Maria? I am assuming that because you are dodging the question the answer is no.

So lets make it a little broader. Have you ever sailed a Hobie Cat any where? Have you ever sailed anything in Cuba (not counting power boats and booze cruise catamarans)?

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

You are simply not worth responding to. Have at it :)
I didnt think so. So heres the situation. You are saying I dont know anything about sailing in Cuba, and yet, I have sailed in Cuba and you have not. Further more, it doesnt sound like you have ever even sailed a Hobie Cat. But, you are chummy with a commodore at a yacht club in Havanna, I am supposed to beleive that makes you an expert?

Get a grip. Go sailing. Next time you are in Cuba, pay one of the young sailing instructors to take you out and teach you the basics. A few Pesos should be enough for an introductory lesson.

·
Master Mariner
8,235 Posts

Dont make it political...no benefit

They stamp a piece of paper you put in your pp, not your pp...unless you request that.

What are the best charts now available for cuba?
Im very interested in the southern coast
It IS political! Very political!
We were finally, after half a century, moving away from the idiocy of our policies against Cuba. After all, the US is 100% responsible for the regime there, that they decided not to support, after promising to do so, in almost exactly the same way the US created Al Quida.
Now, for absolutely no reason at all that I can see, we are backtracking. Perhaps Cuba didn't want a trump tower in their country?

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts

Now, for absolutely no reason at all that I can see, we are backtracking. Perhaps Cuba didn't want a trump tower in their country?
Ummmmmmm as I am currently in Romania I can give you many reasons why dictators don't want to give up their total and absolute power in their country where they are treated like a god until they die. (and where they can have fun with their detractors like strapping them to a cannon and pulling the firing cord.)

Mark

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Ummmmmmm as I am currently in Romania I can give you many reasons why dictators don't want to give up their total and absolute power in their country where they are treated like a god until they die. (and where they can have fun with their detractors like strapping them to a cannon and pulling the firing cord.)

Mark
That doesn't make any sense. Travel restrictions for Americans to Cuba dont originate in Cuba, they are imposed by the US government on its own citizens. Same thing with the embargos, they are of US origin, not Cuban.

·
Administrator
5,911 Posts

It IS political! Very political!...
But not fit for this forum. Please move the politics portion of this discussion over the wall where it belongs.

·
Administrator
7,167 Posts

OK, we better be careful on the political side.

I know I dropped in a post, too :grin

But we are distracting from the Original thread and if it gets too political we have to split the thread and put the politics in Politics forum where fewer can find it.

As everyone here is a long standing member you know the fine line :)

If anyone is offended hit the Report Button below. I just received one Report so if there's another I will have to split it :)

Mark

·
Master Mariner
8,235 Posts

Ummmmmmm as I am currently in Romania I can give you many reasons why dictators don't want to give up their total and absolute power in their country where they are treated like a god until they die. (and where they can have fun with their detractors like strapping them to a cannon and pulling the firing cord.)Mark
This seems a pretty fair account of the Castro administration, perhaps underemphasizing the promises by Eisenhower and others to support Castro after the revolution financially, until he could get the economy going again, which were reneged on. Castro was not intent on creating a communist or repressive society until US actions forced him in that direction. And Russia was all too happy to help, in exchange for a foothold only 90 miles from the US.
So, as I see it, the US created the communist repressive society in Cuba just as we did Al Quida in Afganistan.
https://www.americanheritage.com/us-and-castro-1959-1962

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Here is a follow up vid. More of the same, but with some better shots of the boats.

Video removed by OP- comments of economic/political nature.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts

Did you get an idea of where most of the other tourists there were from...what countries
How did you transfer to and from the airport...prearranged or on your own

·
Super Moderator
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Did you get an idea of where most of the other tourists there were from...what countries
How did you transfer to and from the airport...prearranged or on your own
Almost all canadian, probably %90, more than half of those were French Canadian.
I also met Russians, Germans and Scandinavians.

Travel from the airport was arranged by the airline. However, if you were traveling independently, there are taxis at the airport. The airport taxis seem to be newer vehicles, either from Europe or Asia. I think the roads are pretty decent.

We flew into Santa Clara, which is kind of in the middle of the country. Then it was about 120 km to the island. To reach the island there is a 48 km man made ocean causeway, pretty cool really. The island is about 100km from the Bahamas, 220 km to Key Largo and 250 km from Miami and Havanna.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts