SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do they have zippers? Unzip the covers and toss them in the washing machine (assuming they're all cloth of some type) and wash on gentle cycle until they're clean then spin dry and lie them flat, no clothes drier!

Just went through this with mine and they finally look clean! The down side was that all of the saloon cushions had buttons which had to be cut off then re- strung. Wasn't hard, no special tools either, but was somewhat tedious.

Jk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they have zippers? Unzip the covers and toss them in the washing machine (assuming they're all cloth of some type) and wash on gentle cycle until they're clean then spin dry and lie them flat, no clothes drier!

Just went through this with mine and they finally look clean! The down side was that all of the saloon cushions had buttons which had to be cut off then re- strung. Wasn't hard, no special tools either, but was somewhat tedious.

Jk
Yes they have zippers but they are jammed. We were thinking maybe trying to was the acutal cushion part to, and hopefully get them smelling better too.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yes they have zippers but they are jammed. We were thinking maybe trying to was the acutal cushion part to, and hopefully get them smelling better too.
Mine were, too. Try SailKote. It has become my go-to product for stuck zippers on the boat.

Once I got the covers off, I just washed them on delicate and then air dried them on my deck.

(It's even in the Sail Net store, under "maintainence"). :)

Reactions: davekrista
1 - 6 of 6 Posts