SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of sailing over to Vancouver. False creek area or some where with access to transit. I hear you can anchor in False creek. is there a secure place to tie a tender.
I see boats anchored near Jericoe. Again where do you tie a tender?
I used to sail out of Granville Island but they did not used to have daily mooring. just a short stay by the market.
I would prefer a dock at a reasonable rate.
Victoria and Nanaimo appear to be a lot more hospitable.

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The False Creek Harbour Authority usually has space for transients. Vancouver Boat Moorage False Creek Harbour Authority British Columbia, Canada

The False Creek Yacht Club may offer reciprocals if you're a member elsewhere. Anchoring in the creek is allowed with a 2 week permit (free) Dinghy security is a bit questionable..

The Granville Is market floats are only 3 hour spots, no overnighting.

You're right, Vancouver could take some lessons from other places in 'boater friendliness'...
Thanks I looked them up and gave them a call

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I went to Vancouver. Arrived about 2000. Tried to call the wellcome center.
The Phone No no longer in service. Maybe I should by this years waggoner.
False Creek was packed Ram Jam full.

Went back over and anchored of Jericoe.

Of course I arrived the night before the fireworks.
Went to the French and Jappanese Fireworks.
Quite the event. On the water.

deflated and took tender with us

Registered
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came back again,

Had a really nice single handed afternoon, evening, and night trip from the SGI through Active Pass and across the straights up past Sand Heads to Jericho. Beautiful sunset and a Blue Moon.
Anchored of Jericho, Didn't venture into false creek yet.

went ashore yesterday and was questioned about my dingy. Which I was packing up the beach.
I was informed, they were checking a boater anchored of Jericho had just had his stolen.

The fireworks were really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.