SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Dan the Man a keen sailor out in Moreton Bay, Queensland Australia, my wife Therese and I get out on the Bay as much as we can, happy to be on SailNet.

I was wanting peoples advise on solar panels, I am thinking about

SP-EN130W 130W Enerdrive Solar Panel
Sunyo Polycrystalline 120 watt Solar Panel or
140W Solar Panel with Kyocera

Anyone with experience of using these or others? Thanks Dan :)

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
I can't help you with panel recommendations (I'd go with whatever is cheapest I guess) but..

Welcome to Sailnet, Dan!!

It seems there are enough Sailnetters in your part of the country to get together sometime. :)

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
We had Kyocera panels on our previous boat. No complaints. Reality is I think, that the installation is probably more of an issue than the equipment,

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
Are there any Aussie's out there and has anyone ever sailed a keel boat through the south passage between Moreton and Stradbrooke Islands?
Not personally, but I'm not aware of it being a big deal. There's plenty of water on the North Stradbroke side between Peel Island and Amity. I guess it depends where you're going to - most people I know go around the top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Classic 30, I was looking for an easier access to seaward side of Moreton and Stradbrooke to go whale watching, it is a lot closer to my mooring, Point O'Halloran,than going over the top or out at Jumpinpin Bar Gold Coast. I will think about it thank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts