SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that David Crosby's boat is for sale. I guess it has been for years. I guess he paid 25k for it and is asking 750k for it.
Alden 356-B CENTERBOARD SCHOONER.

1947 Alden 356-B CENTERBOARD SCHOONER Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Just thought I'd post because I'm bored. Lost of great music written aboard that boat. He says that just about everyone in rock and roll has been on board. Sure would be a cool purchase.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they sailors also. I always knew Dave was but did not know Niel was. Cool, learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hey guys thanks for posting those pics . I read David's book , he talks about the Mayn . And his dad's boat, there are some good pics.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
That's a good looking boat. Out of my price range, though.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,294 Posts
Dan Fogleberg's boat was also for sale a while ago... It was a 2000 Robinhood 36 (Cape Dory 36). Maine Sail posted a link in this thread.

·
Bring On The Wind
281 Posts
So if you were on a boat with Neil Young sailing from Canada to Florida and asked what way you were going would he respond Southern Man?

·
Master Mariner
8,679 Posts
Are they sailors also. I always knew Dave was but did not know Niel was. Cool, learn something new everyday.
From what I've been told, Young wrote the song Southern Cross on the trip to Tahiti on Ragland. He and David sailed their boats together through out the Hawaiian Islands in the early 70's. Mayan was in LaHaina yacht harbor often, a true beauty. Ragland was one of the nicest Baltic trader conversions I've ever seen, but no comparison to Mayan, a true classic yacht.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts