SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sv Cordelia
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My in-laws are coming in town this weekend and I am thinking about a day sail to Annapolis or Eastport either Friday or Saturday - maybe both days.

I'd like to take the water taxi or just step on the dock instead of having them climb in and out of the dinghy.

Any info on short-term (couple hours) docking or using the mooring field for less than a day?

(Yes, I know I can always drop the anchor and have the water taxi come get me out there.)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Short term pick up can be done down ego alley assuming there is room. Call harbormaster to verify, they may have other options.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,326 Posts
http://www.annapolis.gov/government/city-departments/harbormaster/facilities

I don't think they do hourly on moorings, I would just drop the nightly rate of $30+/- and be done with it, in boat bucks that's only $.03

http://www.annapolis.gov/government/city-departments/harbormaster/facilities/dockage
but it looks like you can here "The hourly rate (electrical hookup included) is $8 per hour for boats up to 40' overall length, $10 per hour for boats 41' to 60' feet overall length, and $15 per hour boats 61' and over in overall length."

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
(Yes, I know I can always drop the anchor and have the water taxi come get me out there.)
It is up to the discretion of the individual water taxi driver if they will pick-up/drop off in the South anchorage. When the wind picks up some of the drivers hug Horn Point and Sycamore Point between Spa Creek and Back Creek.

During boat show service to the anchorage is reliable. The rest of the season you are at the mercy of attitude. I've talked to Watermark management a few times but there hasn't been any change.

·
sv Cordelia
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moorings - Harbormaster's Office

I don't think they do hourly on moorings, I would just drop the nightly rate of $30+/- and be done with it, in boat bucks that's only $.03

Dockage - Harbormaster's Office
but it looks like you can here "The hourly rate (electrical hookup included) is $8 per hour for boats up to 40' overall length, $10 per hour for boats 41' to 60' feet overall length, and $15 per hour boats 61' and over in overall length."
Thanks.

I didn't find the dockage info when I checked the harbor master page.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts