SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my girlfriend and I will be attending the boat show this Feb and are going to the keys after for a short vacation. We were wondering if anyone in the south FL area are will to take us sailing for a day trip.

A little about us:

Mid 20s, both athletic and energetic, love being on the water. I own my own sailboat which is being fitted back to basic sailing shape. I have worked at our family's marina the majority of my life so boats are not foreign to me. I have raced and sailed for the last 6 years or so in NOLA with a couple offshore races. My girlfriend has been on a couple sailboats but never really did much of the trimming/working though enjoys sailing. She is excited for my boat to be ready so she can learn and enjoy sailing more. We both work offshore on an OSV, I'm a 2nd mate unlimited/1600ton master, she is a 2nd assistant engineer. (clearly we enjoy being on the water)

We're just looking to have some fun for a day and enjoy the sun and weather and would love to do it sailing if anyone is free after the boat show. We will be more than happy to honor or compensate our hosts.

- Ronnie...on the geaux

·
Registered
1981 Endeavour 32
1,090 Posts
Ronnie - I'm usually on my boat on Sunday's, work permitting, and would enjoy the chance to meet another sailnetter and go for a daysail. Mine's an older boat, but in a pretty great place for sailing.

Keep in touch as the date gets closer if you're interested.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ronnie
I have a good friend down at Safe Harbor Marina on Stock Island. He is always looking for someone to go out with. He is on a Pearson 36. PM me you are gonna be in that area and I'll get you he's contact info.
Peter

·
formerly 'BoatyardBoy'
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ronnie - I'm usually on my boat on Sunday's, work permitting, and would enjoy the chance to meet another sailnetter and go for a daysail. Mine's an older boat, but in a pretty great place for sailing.

Thanks for the offer, though I'm not sure if we'll be around till the next Sunday. But I'll keep you posted ahead of time for sure if we are there for the next weekend.
Ronnie
I have a good friend down at Safe Harbor Marina on Stock Island. He is always looking for someone to go out with. He is on a Pearson 36. PM me you are gonna be in that area and I'll get you he's contact info.
Peter
If he's free on weekdays I'd be interested. I'll send you a pm, well be staying around the base area.

- Ronnie...on the geaux

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ronnie
Peter
Ronnie and Andy we sent you a PM.

We will also be driving down to the Miami Boat show and can get free to go for a day sail if anyone else wants a ready and willing crew.

We are also looking for a place to stay, right now we plan to tent camp at a local camp ground. We always wondered if anyone would allow someone to stay on the their boat over night. Guess it never hurts to ask.

We have been out on a Pearson 36 before over in Pensacola and had a great time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey sent you an email, let me know if you didn't receive it about your day sails? Hope to hear back!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.