SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon to be owner of a 31' coastal cruiser that has been fitted for some offshore use as well. I am looking for experienced sailors to show me the ropes and teach me the tricks of the trade in exchange for gratis sailing with me between May15-Aug 31 2009.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Newnan. I got my Basic Keelboat last year and have a Hunter 25.5 I sail on West Point Lake. Not a whole lot of experience but would like to go sailing in the Savannah area.

·
Solo Sailoring ..... :o)
14 Posts
Jeff,
I see your a junior member ... I guess i would be a senior member ... LOL.

My name is Gregg and I am a retired US Navy Captain and "live" on my Pearson Triton in Beaufort, SC. A lovely destination but mostly motoring from Savannah. I have sailed for over 40 years on every type of vessel imaginable.
Porthos and I have put probably 30.000 offshore miles under our keels. Includes trips from Florida to Maine to Ireland to France, Spain, The Azores and Canaries on to USVI, Puerto Rico, etc etc and back to Florida. We aslo did a "circumnavigation" of the Island of Newfoundland, Canada.

So the next time you want to go sailing let me know, I am ALWAYS up for a sail ... LOL.

Best of Luck;
Gregg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts