SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm re-finishing my teak toe rails and coaming tops. There are a couple of small places that get walked on very frequently, for example the forward end of the coaming, which is used as a convenient step when heading forward or coming back. Also, there are a few places on the toe-rail that get extensive wear from fender lines or from people boarding the boat. I would really like to hear from people who have dealt with this kind of problem successfull, for example by using some kind of treads or rub-guards or whatever. Of course, if you have tried something and it has NOT be successful let me know so I won't re-invent the same mistake.

Regards,
Ross

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will look into Honey Teak for my coating but my original idea was something more like that suggested by Barquito. Those strakes might be good for preventing chaff on the toe rail from various lines, but I wonder if they might be slippery if used as to prevent wear on high foot traffic areas, such as the forward end of the coaming.
Again, thanks for these suggestions.

Any other ideas will be welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.