SailNet Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there to all you Annapolis folks!

I'm a Lake Erie Sailor from Port Dover, Ontario, Canada who drove the 9 hours with a buddy to attend the Sailboat show this past weekend.

Just wanted to say a general 'Thanks' and 'Good Job'!

Key thoughts:

Every single local person we met was friendly, kind, and interested in who we were.
We got exceptional advice from the guy at one of the gates about good seafood eats - the Boatyard on Severn St...what a terrific meal!!
O'Brien's pub also had some super 'Happy Hour' deals - steamed shrimp, mussels, oysters, crabcake sliders...awesome!! (and I love a happy hour that lasts from 4-7pm!!)
It was nice to see people sweeping up constantly on the show grounds.

All in all, we had a great time at the show, and in the limited time we had to roam around your fair city! I will be back in future years, both for the show, and to spend some vacation dollars!!

Thanks, and Good Job - you should all be proud.

Andy

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
Annapolis is even nicer when it is not so crowded. It is also a great place to visit by boat. Generally when people are headed south they get to Annapolis well before the show and have the chance to wander around town at their leisure without the crowds.

Reactions: T37Chef

·
Advanced beginner
675 Posts
I didn't have anything to do with the show, but as a local I'm happy to hear you had such a good time.

I love the sailboat show, but I'll second the recommendation to come on down to the Chesapeake when it's not quite so crowded. Spring sailing season starts here several months before it does up north. ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
We just cam back from the show, It was really great! but if anything they need to organize the parking options! took us 2 hrs to find parking! and that was first thing in the morning on the Saturday! once past that it was a great show in a great area! lots of cool little shops around the show! and pretty good content at the show! just thought it was odd that West Marine Defender, etc. were not there!

·
Daniel - Norsea 27
1,256 Posts
Didn't they have the parking at the statium? I went to the show last year and the stadium parking and the shuttle to the show was very nice. Plenty of parking, didn't feel rushed in/around the shuttles and had a great day when I was there.

Better luck next time pcmm.

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,674 Posts
Didn't they have the parking at the statium? I went to the show last year and the stadium parking and the shuttle to the show was very nice. Plenty of parking, didn't feel rushed in/around the shuttles and had a great day when I was there.
Not on Saturday - football game.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,465 Posts
I have never had an issue parking, but I also am somewhat local. Eastport is not the best place to go IMO for parking, I usually "get a little churching up" where we park :) (please pardon the blues brothers reference)

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
I have never had an issue parking, but I also am somewhat local. Eastport is not the best place to go IMO for parking, I usually "get a little churching up" where we park :) (please pardon the blues brothers reference)
Which reminds me. Saturday we never did find that church parking lot you recommended, but we did find a garage for $5 within easy walking distance. :)

·
Advanced beginner
675 Posts
Saturday I followed the directions on the website which lead me straight from exit 22 to a parking lot. Paid $10 which went to the Annapolis High School Band (the kids were directing traffic). Buses to and fro from there were a snap. Just like when I parked at the stadium last year.

Seriously, compared to my commute in DC, it's a marvel. Considering how much the size of the town swells that weekend, I'm always impressed.

·
Sailor
935 Posts
I worked to build the show and manned the gates a couple of days. I was impressed by the size of the crowd attending the show and everyone's behavior despite the large number of people there. I was happy to provide assistance with local amenities as well as destination planning as I believe we are ambassadors of the region and sailing. I particularly recall discussing NYC and travel via train or bus with someone. Thanks for recognizing the friendly relations of the area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.