SailNet Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we can't say bad things about anybody, I thought I'd follow along and say something real nice instead.

DEFENDER is the BEST online retailer, bar none. Their website works well but their phone support is even better. Great people.
And not only have I had great experiences but I constantly read of other accounts of great service after the sale from Defender.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone to take their on-line business to Defender.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Since we can't say bad things about anybody, I thought I'd follow along and say something real nice instead.

DEFENDER is the BEST online retailer, bar none. Their website works well but their phone support is even better. Great people.
And not only have I had great experiences but I constantly read of other accounts of great service after the sale from Defender.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone to take their on-line business to *SAILNET*.
Defender may be lower prices *SOMETIMES*...but I'd gladly pay an extra $5, $10, $20 to ensure Sailnet keeps on going. I dont see Defender doing anything for the community of sailors out there...and I'm glad to see Sailnet not "monetize" these boards with subscription fees. The ads are ok to have, but I dont think they cover the bandwidth bills by a long shot....so, please support the sailnet store!

·
A New Adventurer
283 Posts
I hate Defenders shredded paper packaging. I have it all over the carpet in my house from last nights delivery.

Oh well, small price to pay for excellent service!

·
Midwest Puddle Pirate
2,160 Posts
Here is a perfect example of my complaints about the Sailnet online catalog.

EXTRUDED HATCHES Shop.Sailnet.com - sailing resources, shopping, sail, blogs

Can anyone tell me from this catalog entry (no fair going to another web site) what size hole this hatch fits?

This is not an isolated case. This was in fact my first try to find a bad entry. I could find a couple hundred more if you like.

So the real question is, why would I buy this hatch from Sailnet? I have no way to know what size it is, how high it sticks up above deck level, nothing. I did in fact buy this hatch from the old sailnet (I think that's the hatch, hard to tell for sure), and their catalog sucked too, but the prices were far below what I could buy it elsewhere. Now the prices have been increased to sustainable levels (a good thing), but that also means that I have other choices for the same money.

PS I couldn't pass up on posting this jewel. Just whip out a grand to purchase the great unknown. But then again it's only been 5 years since it was added to the catalog, certainly not enough time to update the listing. At least for this one, we know that the hole cut out is 20 (I presume inches, and that it's square but we really don't know).

BOMAR 190 SERIES LOW PROFILE CAST HATCH WITH SPIGOT Shop.Sailnet.com - sailing resources, shopping, sail, blogs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts