SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an experienced, safe and capable crew to sail my 27' Calypso from Plymouth, UK via France and Portugal with the aim of being in the Mediterranean early September 2014.
Ultimate destination is Valletta, Malta, where she was built and sailed from 40 years ago.
Would ideally suit couple or 3 people - 4 would be a squeeze.
I would prefer one crew to complete the whole trip, at their own pace.
My own involvement would be minimal due to other projects.
PM me if the voyage is both feasible and of interest to you.

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
I believe what you would have to pay professional and capable crew would be at least as much as shipping your boat on Dockwise or Sevenstar or one of those carriers. More reliable and less stressful to ship as well.

Does your post suggest that you are going along, but not participating in the sailing? That's fine, but I think most delivery crews would be very cautious having a non-sailing owner aboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm not intending to join the boat at all prior to a successful arrival along the Cote D'Azur.
There are many options as you rightly say, including de-stepping the mast and transit via the French canal network. (Nominally a 4 week trip, but often longer)
I am desk-bound and task-saturated until September and my thinking is that such a voyage will definately appeal to certain parties, and I'm going to explore this option first.
Thanks for your reply Minnewaska.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts