SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a idea of how to get my 275 Buccaneer over to the Philippines?
Bit too small to sail across! or is it?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks,
Duke

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,762 Posts
The Bucaneer is not a boat that I would choose to try cross the Pacific on so I would suggest that you are pretty much stuck shipping the old girl on deck of a ship. That leads to my first question ''Why would you do ship a Bucaneer?'' While I am not putting the Bucaneer down here, it is so expensive to ship even a small boat that you should be able to sell the Bucaneer here in the States, pocket the cost of import duties and shipping the boat, and buy a perfectly nice boat in the Philippines.

If the Bucaneer was some really nice really unique boat you might consider shipping it but Bucaneers are really quite common and inexpensively priced so if you really had your heart set on owning one you can buy one when you get back Stateside. The Phillipines used to be a great place to pick up neat cruisers at great prices as it was the place that many cruisers "just gave up and went home". I used to see great adds for interesting boats that were in the Philipppines with that kind of story.
Whatever you do, good luck
Jeff

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Jeff
Thanks for your input to my question
I live in Philippines alot of the year but havent been able to locate a boat there do you have andy idea where to start looking Would probably look for same size with draft
of 3 to 4 feet to get close dto each island.
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts