SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update meeting place and time.
We'll be meeting at Annapolis Boatyard Bar and Grill on Feburary 7th 2009 at 3pm eastern time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
sounds great. Any idea for a place?

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a fan of Downtown or Eastport, like everyone else. Seeing that it'll be pretty cold, I'd like to meet at a pub or other resturaunt. Obviously I could call ahead as to avoid the cluster screw of seating 20+ people. Hopefully some of the locals to annapolis can chime in with better info.

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
Meet

How about "The Boatyard" Bar and grill in Eastport?

·
Registered
771 Posts
zz4gta,

Was there ever a final decision on crew meeting in Jan. / Feb.? I would be interested in attending but need to schedule as I have to travel a good distance (Va. Beach).

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Boatyard grill is good, heck anywhere is.
Keep in mind that a lot of us are going to be in Chicago the last weekend of January.

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would Feb. be a better month? Feb. 7th or 8th is fine by me. How does that work with everyone? After checking websites, I'm in favor of Boatyard Grill, any opposed, speak now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Fine by me. I am flexible, so I will defer to the group. Just let me know time and place. Al

·
Registered
771 Posts
Works for me, marked it on the calender. please keep informed of if any changes.

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do sailking1, thanks for all the feedback guys.

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
Feb. 7th or 8th good with me. I will be out of town the following weekend.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Guys:

The crew of Crishelle (Chiscraft Apache 37 sloop) look forward to meeting you at the Boatyard Grill on Sat, 2/7. If the weather is nice, we'll sail up from Galesville.

Moe

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to have you moe.

I'll put together a list of people who posted in this thread and another for the other thread as I'm sure there will be some sailors who won't be able to make the meeting.

Is there anyone who would like to lead the meeting? Keep a bunch of sailors in line and on topic? Maybe post up suggestions of things we want to cover. I put in my vote in no particular order of some topics that may need to be hashed out...

First order of business I think should be a head count of who's there, what boats are making the trip (definites) who needs crew, and who's looking for a ride. Food and drinks, and then "interviews" can start to match some people up with a boat. I'm not against playing "musical crew" and having people jump from boat to boat. I think this would be a great experience for those who want to crew to get a lot of time on different boats in. However planning would take a little more effort to avoid one boat with 15 crew while the other is single handing (unless they want it that way). Another order of business should be actually planning the trip. Giving dates and times (within reason) on what ports we'll hit and what crew will be expected to be at the docks at what time. Exchanging phone numbers and names of boats to call on the VHF will also be taken care of at this meeting.

Let me know what you think. I certainly don't want this to be TOO organized as there will be lots of boats coming and going at different times of cruise and flexibility will be a must, I won't even get started on weather.

all the best.
-Trevor

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can I get a final headcount of who will be able to make it? Also include if you'll be bringing a guest. Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
ZZ,

I'll be there on the 7th, with the misses riding along. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a decent inexpensive hotels near by the marina?

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
head count

My wife and I will be there as well as one crew.

·
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So far 14 total. Need to finalize reservations. Speak up or we'll make you sit at the kiddie table...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts