SailNet Community banner

Make separate threads for each boat looking for crew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an idea to create a topic for each boat that's looking for crew. Within the topic/thread I'd post up boat and contact info and how many people they were looking for, as well as if they're looking for anything specific. That way, if people do hook up it'll be easy for them to find the info that they need with out sifting through 20 or 30 posts pertaining to other boats/skippers. Please vote yes if you think its a good idea, or no if you think I'm wasting bandwidth. All thread titles will have "Delmarva" in them so you can easily search for your thread.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I think two threads should do it. One thread for Skippers looking for crew. Skippers could include details about type of boat, expectations for crew to share costs, what would be provided on the boat what they would be expected to bring along etc, etc. I think it would be good for skippers to also share their, for lack of a better word, "philosophy" for the trip. (ie. I intend to sail like an old shoe, anchor out and live like monks, vs. I plan to sail like a race boat, and will get a slip and throw down at the finest tavern/bar/pub/saloon/beer garden/hole in the wall at every port, vs something in between.)

On the other thread, sailors looking for rides could post a brief outline of their experience so skippers could poach the ones that represent the cream of the crop for what they are looking for.

That said, things are getting pretty sketchy for me to be able to make this trip at all. So I may be directing the guys and gals that planned to crew with me to the crew thread, if my plan unravels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts