SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate anyone with info on the boat especially where I might find a template they used to locate motor mount backing on the transom. Would pay good money for that. Thanks in advance, Ray

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, sorry can't help with that one, but.........I recently purchased a designers choice 14 that a previous owner (unknown) dismantled all rigging (ugh!), need help with the puzzle as I don't have a picture. Any help would be great!!!!!!!!!!! Mail you a memory card for your camera????? Thanks Bill boat ID HBY60480M81A

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was a dealer at one time. I don’t have one to photograph but where are you? If you’re nearby I will come over and help you.
All the best,
Robert Gainer

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds great!!!!!!! but alas I am in Raleigh NC, thanks for the moral support, I just recieved a new boom form Dyer mast, when I start the reassemble I will let you know where I get stuck, maybe you can talk me through it, Thanks again

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rayos said:
Would appreciate anyone with info on the boat especially where I might find a template they used to locate motor mount backing on the transom. Would pay good money for that. Thanks in advance, Ray
I don't have the motor moount template, but I have templates for hiking strap, cleats and the spec sheet with some diagrams. Can you use any of this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I would be very interested in getting any templates or information I can about the Designer's Choice sailboat, especially the hiking straps template. I had also found a web site with a lot of information about this boat a month ago, but can not find it now. Anyone know the link?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Designers Choice info

Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!! I bought the boat at the beginning of the summer and have loved sailing the boat. Although it is not the fastest boat of it size I have owned, for the lake that I live on with its gustly and unpredicitable winds, this boat behaves remarkably for its size.

Unfortunately, the person I bought it from did not have any information on it to give me.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just happened upon this thread...

I own a DC which I have had for a number of years. It is a 1979 vintage. I do not use her as often since acquiring my larger Hunter which I keep here on the Chesapeake Bay. Nonetheless, have included some photos on my Flickr site. If you wish to access them, send me a note back and will send you the link via email, as posting links in this message forum seems to be against policy. The DC is a great little boat. The photos include motor mount and rigging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently acquired one of these great little boats as well, and am starving for any good information I can find. I'll take whatever I can get. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a copy of the original owner's manual, if interested. Can be downloaded from my Web site. Sailnet will not permit me to enter a URL here. If you wish a copy, email me at john (at) medicinfotech (dot) com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just happened upon this thread...

I own a DC which I have had for a number of years. It is a 1979 vintage. I do not use her as often since acquiring my larger Hunter which I keep here on the Chesapeake Bay. Nonetheless, have included some photos on my Flickr site. If you wish to access them, send me a note back and will send you the link via email, as posting links in this message forum seems to be against policy. The DC is a great little boat. The photos include motor mount and rigging.
GregScuba will certainly enjoy sailing a DC. She was my first boat (built 1982) and learning companion during 4 years on Lac Champlain, Alburgh VT, where winds may change suddenly and surprise many sailors. The perfect choice, for me, at least! I am now looking for new challenge and have considered for a while upgrading to a faster 18 footer such as P185 but can't see myself without my DC ! At this point, I'll rather try to add a spinnaker in order to maintain the excitement and push her a bit further. The spi was an option. So if anyone has a spi (with all riggings) for a DC, I am interested.
Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
New to forum and sailing.

I realize this is an old post, but hopefully you might still have some info on the Designers Choice 15.

I just purchased my first sailboat... Any information you have regarding diagrams, manuals, locations to purchase parts, Motor mounts... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lee Bitman
lbitman(at)yahoo(dot)com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Although I had a brief explanation from the previous owner, being new to sailing, it was a lot to absorb all at once. The video will be a good refresher on setting up the boat. Thanks

·
arrgh!
1,816 Posts
New to forum and sailing.

I realize this is an old post, but hopefully you might still have some info on the Designers Choice 15.

I just purchased my first sailboat... Any information you have regarding diagrams, manuals, locations to purchase parts, Motor mounts... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lee Bitman
lbitman(at)yahoo(dot)com
one problem will be that the last one was made in the 1980's so anything original that you can find, will be close to 30 years old.

On the other side --- most things appear to standard... so you can replace many things with standard items -- shackles and line...

I found the videos to be very helpful.... I was wondering how to rig the boom and just took a screen shot... so I could analyze it....

https://www.youtube.com/user/wmichaelcook59

·
Registered
23 Posts
I watched his video's. It is helpful to see someone assemble the boat.

I want to assemble the boat at home, before I take it to the water... just to verify I know what I am doing..

1 - 20 of 321 Posts