SailNet Community banner

301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for intel/specs on the clew "boom car" that is missing from our Designers Choice.

In analyzing the few spec drawings I can find, it looks like it might just be a line/rigging methodology. Anyone with pics/intel on the adjustable outhaul that could help out?

If anyone has a vessel they are parting out please get in touch with me.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
34 Posts
My sail was recently made by fareast sails. So not orginal. It uses the were bail BLACK plastic slug shown. A sail slug will work, or using a short length of line through the grommet and around the boom, like a holder 15. I rigged my with a foot block. Threading a 1/4 line through the 3/8 inch hole and using a figure 8 stopper knot to keep it from slipping back out, then threaded through the clew, back to the footblock at the end of the boom, then turning the line forward to the cleat on the port side middle of boom. I added the foot block on mine. I will add a link to the bail and turning block. If you want to use a sail I have one I can mail you if you pm your address. I will take some more picks on my way out this morning. Best.

Attachments

·
Fresh New Guy
2 Posts
Re: Designer's Choice Howmar

Greetings gang,
I just purchased a gorgeous 1979 DC 15 that spent its entire life in Michigan. My wife, who is not a sailor, said the boat looked like I should have paid 3x what I did for it! The boat has been repainted, the mast, boom, rigging and sails are all in great shape and I sanded and refinished the thwart with high quality varnish. I plan to get it on the water this week and have been scouring the web for any information I could find on this sweet little boat. I found and devoured this forum and saw that the last post was long ago. I guess that happens with "orphan" boats. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with my newly acquired toy. We named her "Cloud Nine" and plan to use it a lot this summer teaching my two 11 year old grandsons the joys of sailing! So I'm hoping there are still folks out there who may share my enthusiasm for this sailboat. It also appears I need to make 10 posts on Sailnet before I am vetted as a legit user... so here is post #1. Looking forward to hearing back. Take care!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Going to pick up my DC15 this weekend! Pretty excited to get back on the water. Have never sailed one of these but used to sail oday javelins and 19's. Looks like a fun little boat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sold my DC 15 last month, with a spinnaker. Sad, but I hadn't used the boat in a long time.

Had the deck from a 1974 Laser wash up by my house last week in a crazy storm. Part of the transom too. Made me think of the DC. Apparently the Laser had been buried under sand dunes about a mile down the beach for years and with the high water levels on the great lakes, things are washing out. Salvaged the hardware from it, and the hardware from 1974 looked brand new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi group...I’m still looking for the motor mount template for this boat. It’s been really tough finding it and I’m about to install one but would really like the template.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does any one on here have a link to or photo copy of the owners manual to the designers choice sale boat by Howmar. The original link is not working any longer and I am trying to re-rig the boat sadly all of the original ropes are gone so I cant go off them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am ready to part with my boat. DC 15, trailer rebuilt new bearings, seals, new tires greased each season, tag, all new mainsails, rigging ect. Other odds and ends. 35803 Huntsville. Ee
well founded boat. Fast and fuh trailer has new lights pulls easy behind accotd,.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Designers Choice info

I have a pdf of the Owners manual if that would be of any value to you.
I was recently given a DC15. I'm new to sailing and also need to know how to setup the rigging and replace some missing components. Do you have the owners manual or link you could send me as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a copy of the original owner's manual, if interested. Can be downloaded from my Web site. Sailnet will not permit me to enter a URL here. If you wish a copy, email me at john (at) medicinfotech (dot) com
Do you have copies or possibly can scan it and email? I'm new to sailing and could get all the help I can get on how to rig and setup a DC15.
I'm missing some items which i know will be needed. I'm not even sure of the names of the pieces.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts