SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Telstar 28
43,281 Posts
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend using Interlux's Fiberglass Prep Wash 202... It really works better than a lot of the other stuff you could possibly use and not all that expensive.... :)

Don't forget to use a two-rag system with it... wipe it on...and then wipe it off before it can dry or it will just re-deposit the wax it has lifted off the surface. :)

· Telstar 28
43,281 Posts
Reaction score
I'd use TSP instead... :)
If you're doing a wide area, like preparing the hull for paint, then starting with a wash of Dawn dishwashing detergent will get most wax off. Then use the dewax solvent and you'll be more efficient with it.

Dawn is actually very good at degreasing and dewaxing I use it for cleaning engines and to remove oil stains from my driveway after oil change.
Mike

· Telstar 28
43,281 Posts
Reaction score
Call Interlux and ask them if they have a canadian distributor, and call them and find out who stocks it locally.

I would love to use interlux 202, but the stores in Canada (Montreal) do not carry it. My frustration is that I do not have access to a lot of the products that are talked about on this forum. Sure I can order them, but the shipping/customs adds up fast. We all know when you are rebuilding a boat you are unable to predict what you will need next. If I have to make multiple internet orders, the costs become silly>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.