1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,526 Posts
Not sure about powdered alcohol but concentrated beer would be good. I would not have to get up so often in the night after a brew or three.

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
I would like to see how you make out at customs with a bunch of bags of white powder. :)

True story...... I was in the Bahamas with a bunch of friends and was given a Bahama Mama drink kit as a gag. We had a few too many one night. It was just like KoolAid mix. A bag of white flavored powder to which you added water and rum. When packing, my wife couldn't fit it in the luggage, so she threw the box away and just crammed the pint sized bag of powder in our luggage. I don't know why we kept it at all. Our luggage was pulled for manual inspection. You should have seen the look on the agents face, let alone our friends next to us in line, when they pulled it out, held it up for all to see and asked what it was. Priceless.

Reactions: jimgo

·
美国华人, 帆船
2,528 Posts
Concentrated beer will be a welcome product for the greenies. Save lot of bottles and fuel. :D

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Just wait till someone tries snorting it or smoking it. :eek: Trust me, someone will....

MedSailor

·
Old enough to know better
4,346 Posts
Just wait till someone tries snorting it or smoking it. :eek: Trust me, someone will....

MedSailor
Yea there original web site discussed that, but I guess they got a bit smarter. They said that you can get very drunk by doing it. Not something you tell college kids!

·
██▓▓▒▒░&
13,645 Posts
Dunno, the palcohol web site says their powder is 10-12% alcohol by volume. That sounds to me like it is just micro-encapsulated alcohol. Alcohol in a moisture-absorbent gel, something like that which makes for a handy "leak proof" way to carry alcohol, but do I really want to add all kinds of chemicals and "volumizers" and actually bulk up the rum so it occupies 90% more space??

The only point I see here is that folks who want to smuggle booze into stadiums and concerts won't have to carry bottles, they'll be taping bags to their thighs instead.

I'm sure it will be an epicurean delight, just like all the other premade drink mixes. (Ahuh.)

·
Registered
626 Posts
a couple of friends had a start-up running way back in the 90is...
they had a way of "powderizing" various cocktails and even had this patented... tried to make some money but it never caught on...
never heard of this ever since... i am a little puzzled now, why it is all that new in the US... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts