SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I"ve been lurking around this board for a few weeks now and have found it extremely informative! I will be a first time boat owner this winter. I'm looking to buy a 30'-35' boat. I was wondering if you guys knew of any good seminars or workshops on diesel engine maintenance and repair. I live in NYC so would prefer any place located in the tri-state area. Thanks a lot!

·
Grasshopper
908 Posts
Hey guys, I"ve been lurking around this board for a few weeks now and have found it extremely informative! I will be a first time boat owner this winter. I'm looking to buy a 30'-35' boat. I was wondering if you guys knew of any good seminars or workshops on diesel engine maintenance and repair. I live in NYC so would prefer any place located in the tri-state area. Thanks a lot!
You might check with the local U.S. Power & Sail Squadron in your area, as they have a class called Engine Maintenance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have just the place for you. Its just across the river in NJ.
Mack Boring & Parts Company - The Power Behind The Power

Mack Boring is a distributor for Yanmar and uses these in their hands on course. I highly recommend the one day seminar as a starter for the person new to diesel engines.

I followed up with the two day shop course. Both courses were excellent. If you do a search on the forum, you will find other threads on this topic.

·
Registered
725 Posts
If you want to make a vacation out of it, The Wooden Boat school in Maine has a great week long class. No affiliation other than as a happy student

1 - 5 of 5 Posts