SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
S/V Antares
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We're thinking about heading over to Three Mile Harbor this weekend. Where's the best place(s) to tie up the dinghy and go ashore for a walk around?

Thanks,

Bill

·
S/V Antares
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All,

We did make it over to Three Mile this weekend, but decided to take the "beach walk" rather than find our way into town (it was more convenient to where where we were anchored). The beach along the north shore of the Harbor makes for a convenient landing and we enjoyed a <windy> walk up the side of the harbor entrance canal.

I did find one report that a dinghy dock is available at Three Mile on the extreme southeastern side of the harbor, but haven't verified that info. We'll plan on returning to this beautiful destination.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,242 Posts
I know that this is a bit late to answer this query.
There is an EH Town operated marina and the marina furthest south east is 3 Mile Harbor marina. Be forewarned, once ashore you are quite far from the village of EH. There is a marine store at '3 Mi. Hbr' marina and a deli less then 1/2 mile south. The village of EH is probably over 3 miles to the south.
I think you made the right choice as Sammy's Beach is one of my favorite beaches out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts