SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Dinghy mods

13K views 67 replies 18 participants last post by  UnionPacific 
In my opinion i t seems for most if not all of your requirements would be well served by a ridgged bottom inflatable with a remote steering system

I'm beginning to sense a theme here. He is just looking for approval... So here you go. Ok you're right. You're smarter than 99.99% of all the other cruisers out there, and you've designed the perfect new yacht tender that can do everything you want. You should be able to make millions and sail off into the sunset.

PS your not the first to use fenders as stability flotation, so don't say you've invented it.

As for me I've liked hard dinghies since I started sailing. The ones I always end up with are cheap, usually don't plane, row well, and some have had the option for a sail kit. Only the last one has the sail kit, and as it turns out its too bulky to always keep on the dinghy along with the mast and oars... What's a guy to do? Well the wife has said since the last two dinghies why don't we just get an inflatable. I'm now ready to listen. The sailing dinghy will be relegated to the kids toy/ anchorage cruising.
Here you go cake and eat it to Sailboats To Go » Catalog » Inflatable Dinghy Sailing Rig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.