SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Natasha, I am 15 years old and I have athertoid cerebral palsy which affects all my limbs and speech. So I need help 24/7 with all sorts of things. In September I will be sailing single handedly around the Isle of Wight, using a Sip & Puff system to raise money for the RNLI and Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust. Please check out my website for more details Natasha Lambert and Miss Isle

·
Otter
331 Posts
Good luck! Way too many people give up on dreams thinking it cant be done, listening to others who say its impossible or by feeling bad for themselves. More people need to dream big and make stuff happen. Where there is a will there is a way! Keep us posted, Im sure you are a real eye opener to alot of people myself included.

·
formerly posting as eryka
1,123 Posts
Wow! Best wishes, and fair winds!

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Nice one Tasha, Miss Isle looks a fantastic boat and it's a great cause too. I tried donating but for some reason it won't go through, it might not like my Canadian VISA or something. I'll try and get my UK friends to donate! Good luck and fair winds to you.

·
s/v Ilya
255 Posts
Natasha,

I think you're a tougher sailor than I am. When I looked at the video ("Windy day with Tash at Rutland Water") and saw how the boat was heeling, I thought -- "better that she's out there than me!"

Best of luck with the challenge. It looks like you're going to do great.:)

·
Load Bearing Member
644 Posts
Very impressive, Miss Lambert!

Fair winds and following seas!

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts