SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance if this is covered elsewhere. I was not able to turn up anything in a quick search.

The Coast Guard instructions for placing the registration numbers are to apply to the interior hull structure...and clearly visible...no easily removed. Where is the most common place that the numbers are being applied?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Makes good sense. I recently purchased the boat, so I need to find the previous numbers. They aren't in an obvious place, although I have not searched specifically for the numbers. I should remove them and then apply the new ones (according to CG requirements).

I was really confused about mounting registration numbers according to how the Coast Guard words this. It makes sense now. It took me a while to get that the Coast Guard initially observes the name of the boat and the port. If they board the boat, they want to be able to easily find the registration numbers.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The number doesn't change from one owner to the next. If the numbers are located in a place you (and the USCG) can live with, you may not have to move them.
Wow, that is really good news. I'll find the numbers. Surely, they are adequate. Best I can tell, the previous owners were thorough and pretty meticulous with the boat.

Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts