SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to have the bottom, shaft and prop cleaned, new zinc. Nothing fancy.

·
Administrator
9,262 Posts
I have been using Kyle Sobeck's Chessy Dive Service 410-205 2442 [email protected] . Kyle has been super on all counts; professional, thorough, timely, and reasonable.

Jeff

·
I don't discuss my member
2,627 Posts

·
Administrator
9,262 Posts
The firm name is Chessie Dive Service. I may type pretty quickly but accuracy has never been my strong suit.

I seem to have a couple different email addresses for him. The one above came from my cellphone, but the most recent email he used is: [email protected]

Fstbttm: Kyle did not move, but the name of his company changed. I can't recall why, but the good news is that the quality of service remained the same.

Jeff

·
Banned
12,373 Posts

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts

·
formerly posting as eryka
1,123 Posts
Dave King is who we use also. Reliable, accurate, fairly priced.

·
I don't discuss my member
2,627 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not have ablative paint, so the bottom can be cleaned in the water.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

·
Sailor
928 Posts
I have used KB Divers Services on my boat in Pasadena. Ken is responsive, thorough, and very easy to work with. He communicates well also, letting you know when the boat is done and any issues.

Tod

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
Patrick had been very reliable for the 5 years I've used him, always been there when he scheduled himself

Have also used Dick Burns as we het a discount because 6 of us as t the club have it done all together in one trip.

Both Patric and Dck very accomadatong and thorough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In accordance with the Maryland Clean Marina's Act, DNR has instituted a companion document "Underwater Hull Cleaning: Tips for Divers....Best Management Practices for Divers" (Google Search this title)

While the General Discharge Permit does not specifically apply to divers, the Maryland and federal laws do not allow the release of pollutants from any source into surface water. Professional divers need to use best management practices to prevent releasing paint and metals.

Calm winds and fair seas,
Marlene Plumley
Owner, Anne Arundel Dive Services

More and more marinas are going Green which their written policies may prevent commercial divers from cleaning bottoms in those marinas. If (no) policy has been established which allows commercial diving there is Md.s Clean Water act that establishes specific procedures for cleaning boat bottoms..

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
In accordance with the Maryland Clean Marina's Act, DNR has instituted a companion document "Underwater Hull Cleaning: Tips for Divers....Best Management Practices for Divers" (Google Search this title)

While the General Discharge Permit does not specifically apply to divers, the Maryland and federal laws do not allow the release of pollutants from any source into surface water. Professional divers need to use best management practices to prevent releasing paint and metals.

Calm winds and fair seas,
Marlene Plumley
Owner, Anne Arundel Dive Services

It would be a pity if a contracted diver is turned away that doesn't allow bottom cleaning at a marina that uses Md's Clean Marinas Act as their excuse. I know of one marina that this has occurred...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
FYI- The Clean Marina program offers strictly voluntary guidelines. Not state law or any other type of enforceable regulation.
When a marina prevents bottom cleaning by commercial diving..I believe thats their way of "enforcement"...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts