SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have delivered many different yachts of all shapes and size. There is something certainly pretty special about the HR range!

Here's a short video showing some of the highlights during the yacht delivery of a Hallberg Rassy 37 from the Netherlands to North Wales.

Who do you think makes the nicest yachts?

Pete

·
BJV
242 Posts
"Best" is really a subjective term, sailboats are a list of comprimises so every sailor wieghts crierion differently. No doubt htat HR produces a grwat boat, but there are other manufacturers that also produce a great sailing vessel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am seriously considering aquiring an HR 34 or 342 in about one yesr, but would very much appreciate opinions on comparable blue water cruisers with the same type of displacement.

Thank you very much. Jmh

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
hmmmm,
I recall a version 1 and 2 of worlds best sailboats. Frenc Mate author as I recall......some of the same ones the second time around. Others different for various and sundry reasons.

Beneteau was in 2nd edition. As they were doing lots of high tech stuff on boats vs swan/oyster etc, also listed. As noted, he did the order in the book a-z! as he was not going to list them in his number order per say. Altho you do get the which boat he might like for himself......reality is, I would not take an HR, it is a nice boat. A first series from Beneteau, sydney, Hanse, Sun Fast line from Jeanneau.......yes, A straight cruiser like HR, no F'ing way! Just my 02 mind you! I seem to recall our onacious murderator Mr Fuzzball has an HR. He seems to like it......I'm glad someone likes them any who!

Carry on!

marty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts