SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its kind of a crazy question.
But seems easier to get out of the v birth if my head is forward.
But with 2 people seems there is more elbow room with my head aft but that makes it awfully hard to get out of the V birth without sticking my big to in my girlfiends eye.

Just kind of curious. Head fwd or head aft.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
When we first had the womboat we'd sleep head forward in winter, aft in summer but of late we're head aft. Seems we need more elbow room than we need footsie room. Pillows fall of the end which is a bugger but our v-berth is wide enough aft end to get in and out of quite easily.

·
no longer reading SailNet
2,309 Posts
Watch 5 seconds (that's all it takes) of The Dukes of Hazard and see how they get into their car through the window. Foot first is all about having a handhold above you and where your head will end up. You hold onto that and get your feet in first. It doesn't need to be acrobatic, but that can add some humor.

I don't have a Pacific Seacraft, but on other boats there is often a vent that can be cracked open at this location for the maneuver. You could also add a handhold there.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
Watch 5 seconds (that's all it takes) of The Dukes of Hazard and see how they get into their car through the window. Foot first is all about having a handhold above you and where your head will end up. You hold onto that and get your feet in first. It doesn't need to be acrobatic, but that can add some humor.

I don't have a Pacific Seacraft, but on other boats there is often a vent that can be cracked open at this location for the maneuver. You could also add a handhold there.
and eventually you get old and fat ..... :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts