SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a Pacific Seacraft 34 this June and am looking for advice from other Seacraft owner's on installing a new dodger. Trying to figure out a good location and how to work around the traveler. Any advice or pics of installed dodgers would be appreciated. Thanks. --Selwai

·
deisher6
79 Posts
Hey Swalei
Purchased a Pacific Seacraft 34 this June and am looking for advice from other Seacraft owner's on installing a new dodger. Trying to figure out a good location and how to work around the traveler. Any advice or pics of installed dodgers would be appreciated. Thanks. --Selwai
Hey Sewai: There is at least one thread about this on the PS forum.
Here is how a previous owner set up our '34. I like the hard dodger: it allows a clear view of the sails, provides great handholds / anchor points for older sailors, good location for gallows, and shelter. Its is pretty easy to rig a tarp for sunshade.
IMG_0412.jpeg
P1020259.jpeg

·
Registered
912 Posts
I do canvas work and there Pacific Seacraft 34 is pretty typical for dodger layout. You would want the dodger to start aft of the traveler. When I am making a new dodger, I often find it useful to hunt of photos of dodgers on the same model of boat. Here is a PS34 currently for sale that has great photos of the dodger from all angles, showing the mounting points, etc: 1994 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Cruiser for sale - YachtWorld. If you look carefully you can see that they did a clever trick of attaching the foot of the dodger underneath the traveler, with leather-lined slots for the lines. Worth studying closely.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I do canvas work and there Pacific Seacraft 34 is pretty typical for dodger layout. You would want the dodger to start aft of the traveler. When I am making a new dodger, I often find it useful to hunt of photos of dodgers on the same model of boat. Here is a PS34 currently for sale that has great photos of the dodger from all angles, showing the mounting points, etc: 1994 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Cruiser for sale - YachtWorld. If you look carefully you can see that they did a clever trick of attaching the foot of the dodger underneath the traveler, with leather-lined slots for the lines. Worth studying closely.
I think that is the factory standard setup - at least the dodger on mine is exactly like that. I am thinking of making a new dodger as the current one is close to a quarter century old. But that's a project that'll have to wait till winter when I have more time.

·
Registered
675 Posts
There is a factory hard top dodger available. Steve Brodie was doing the final commissioning on a new PSC across the dock from mine lhat had one.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts