SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this picture on a website for boating shoes. Does anyone happen to know what the make and/or model of boat this is ???? I see it in in a lot of ads and even in movies/TV sometimes and I always thought it was a cool simple boat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
19,488 Posts
Don't recognize it but it must have been the inspiration for the Aileron Express 28, at least above the waterline..

The posted pic looks closer to 20/22 feet...

·
19,488 Posts
Not a Typhoon... no cabin per se, with ports.. maybe a 22 but it doesn't quite look right either..

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think it is the Cape Dory 22, I was going to say that first and it looks like your drawing. Same stern and sheer.
Pretty boat.

·
19,488 Posts

·
Master Mariner
8,953 Posts
I'd have to disagree about the Typhoon; the shrouds are too far forward. It really looks like a Phil Rhodes design, but sorry, I can't help with identification.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe its an Aileron Express 28. Beutiful and nice sailing boats, but in a local race a week or so ago here in Greenport,NY, during our Whitbread race, one of these boats sunk after taking on water over the rail in very heavy conditions. (I believe these are the circumstances)

Actually take that back ,not an Aileron Express, can see that the coamings are different !

·
19,488 Posts
Not an Aileron 28, the ports aren't right, and it's not 28 feet long, but as I said before the A28 takes it's inspiration from these types of boat.

I'm not sure the OPs boat is 24 feet long. From the look of those on board it looks smaller, 20-22 but pictures can be deceiving. Certainly the other features are right on.

Reactions: midnightsailor
1 - 14 of 14 Posts