SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
19,489 Posts
Looks like a pretty good deal, esp with a trailer.. but it'd be wise to get more clarification on just exactly what "a little TLC" means.. Some Jboats have been known to be prone to wet deck cores, so a thorough survey is still indicated here.

Some glass work, paint and a new set of sails will quickly (at least) double your investment.. so keep your eyes open (though even at $9K with a trailer that's not bad in our area).

Good luck.

·
Siren 17
1,984 Posts
Wrong time of year to be saleing, right time to be buying. I'd take a look at it at least. I'm assuming that your looking for a J24. If not then it has it's own liabilities. So look at some other boats as well.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just looking at the local craigslist I am not particularly in the market, I'm just always looking this one just caught my attention and I wanted another opinion.

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
It's about in line with some of the boats I've been seeing. I've been surfing craigslist myself looking at what's out there for when my RV sells.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Been seeing plenty of boats going pretty cheap lately, combination of the economy and the season.

I would pick it up, simply because it's sitting on a trailer. My 'new' boat I paid what I did for it primarily because it came on cradle on a dual 5000lb axle flatbed 8x24 trailer. Having been looking for a trailer to move my other boat, I'd seen the same size/type trailer averaging $1500 used in just useable condition.

Would definitely check out the boat and see if the good outweighs the bad and both equal or exceed the asking price.

Ken.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts