SailNet Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This boat is ready to go and kick some Giu a**. At 12in long shes unstoppable. Carbon fiber sails and graphite mast, super smooth lexan hull for amazing speeds breaking 2 knots!!!!! heavy bulb keeps her very stable and she can turn 360 in 16in!!!! Mess with her and see what happens.
Made in Australia, Assembled in NY!!!

Attachments

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
Very nce. Post some pictures of her in some BFS. Let's see her in some wind and waves.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hmmm looks like a hot tub weapon to me....

/grin

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She does have a boom vang and the reason the sail is shaped so weird is cuz the mast got snapped in the building process and its now shorter and when I get a new mast ill slip it back in but the sail is crunched due to the shortened mast. And the sails are very strong, dont know the exact material but its almost like they took nylon string and criss crossed it and put it through a laminater. Just finishing the sheeting system now and will take for a test sail when the new mast comes in.

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
I'll play...

·
Salty Dog
120 Posts
Neat Footy!!

Loks like a 570, I was about to order one as a travel RC boat for our sailing vacations.

Let us know how she sails, I ended up ordering an RC Skiff that requires Rc hiking from the UK, no ballast in the centerboard at all!!

I plan on experimenting with foils to get her up and screaming like the flying Moths!!

This otta be fun with a cold one in my hand at anchorages:

Welcome to...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya it is the 507 I still gotta find the right string fro the sheets so it runs through the eyes easier and takes some strain off the servo. Tell me how that turns out sounds like a challege with the foils.

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
Wuffles!

I'll be on LI (and for the rest of you "YES" I am an FLID) 26 January week!

Wanna hang out and sail that puppy!? We'll document the event for Sailnet!

craig

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea we were gonna were gonna have lunch w/ Bene and Caleb and anyone else in the area. That was all back in the BFS thread we should definately hang out. Where on LI you gonna be?

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
Yea we were gonna were gonna have lunch w/ Bene and Caleb and anyone else in the area. That was all back in the BFS thread we should definately hang out. Where on LI you gonna be?
Right off 110 baby! Just South of Huntington!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
O nice I'm in Centerport like 10 min from that, you staying at Huntington Hilton? We could definately sail it then I'll have her ready by then and maybe I'll get my cars running :D :D :D

·
Barkeep - Sailor's Pub
1,951 Posts
O nice I'm in Centerport like 10 min from that, you staying at Huntington Hilton? We could definately sail it then I'll have her ready by then and maybe I'll get my cars running :D :D :D
Staying in Smithtown...working in Farmingdale.

All Good.. will PM you cell number!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright I'll keep in touch and let's round up some other guys to go out to luch or somethin, my dad said its fine and he'll probably come.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts