SailNet Community banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
snake charmer, cat herder
2,650 Posts
ps i get my pix and info including that about the alleged cone from professional mets in storm 2k. you are all welcome to go and peruse the site to learn something meaningful about these storms
and her eis a little something from another alternative site.....

‎Michael Meldeau‎ to ABACO, BAHAMAS - LIVING ON ISLAND TIME!
2 hrs
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 3, 2019: Good Afternoon Abaco friends. We are now into the 3rd full day of the Abaco Crisis and the story is unfolding minute by minute. Let’s get right to it. Please understand, confirming information is very very challenging. So please note this is a best effort to get real information out to those following the crisis. We have finally received word out of TREASURE CAY. We are learning that 75% of all structures have been destroyed. Only concrete blocks remain standing in most locations. Remarkably, there are currently no reports of deaths. However, not all persons have been accounted for as of this morning. The TC clinic is reporting injuries. USCG is aware and in route to Treasure Cay and to Corbett Medical Clinic. Shelters in TC are the TC Community Center and the old RBC which are both packed to capacity. Weather conditions on scene continue to be bad for now. Rain with 3-500 ft ceilings and 50-70knt winds are giving search and rescue teams “white knuckle” flight missions. There are numerous private relief efforts under way in the U.S. Many of you have reached to me this morning. THANK YOU! THE PEOPLE OF ABACO NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE! All airports, with the exception to Sandy Point, are currently underwater and inaccessible (SEE MARSH HARBOR AIR FIELD VIDEO BELOW). The Bahamian Gov is not authorizing private aviation over the event area at this time. Please consult with the Bahamian Authorities prior to engaging in relief supply deployment. Great Abaco Highway from Marsh Harbor, South, to Sandy Point are impassable. S.C. Bootle Highway between Marsh Harbor and Treasure remain underwater and, in some areas, the road has been completely washed away (SOURCE: USCG RECON). Efforts should be made to restore access on these roads if at all possible. Sources on the ground in Marsh Harbor are saying this is turning into a humanitarian crisis as sea water continues to flood the areas. People are getting desperate and in need of basic necessities. Without airstrips, and a Cat 3 storm sitting between us, relief aid has become a challenging situation at best. Please continue to pray for the people of Abaco. And hold tight, God is on the move.

·
Master Mariner
9,011 Posts
ps i get my pix and info including that about the alleged cone from professional mets in storm 2k. you are all welcome to go and peruse the site to learn something meaningful about these storms
and her eis a little something from another alternative site.....
After the performance of the "professionals" on this storm and the hype by the media, I'm not so sure any of them have got it together.
Thanks, but no thanks, I'll stick with my own interpretations of the information available.

Reactions: RichH

·
2,650 Posts
well, there are pro mets and there are pro mets.
those on msm are not pro mets they are readers of other peoples words. i neither listen nor read other peoples predictions. i do read the conversations and discussions of interesting topics. this has been most enlightening and educational.
personally i prefer the models and flyovers shown by these discussing storms and chasing storms. they do a great job of allowing alternative thinking to aid in the more accurate discussions of these awesome storms.

·
Master Mariner
9,011 Posts
well, there are pro mets and there are pro mets.
those on msm are not pro mets they are readers of other peoples words. i neither listen nor read other peoples predictions. i do read the conversations and discussions of interesting topics. this has been most enlightening and educational.
personally i prefer the models and flyovers shown by these discussing storms and chasing storms. they do a great job of allowing alternative thinking to aid in the more accurate discussions of these awesome storms.
Uh, didn't you just post this:
" i get my pix and info including that about the alleged cone from professional mets in storm 2k."

·
2,650 Posts
Uh, didn't you just post this:
" i get my pix and info including that about the alleged cone from professional mets in storm 2k."
yes i get my info from professional mets in storm 2k and other locales used by pro mets--models etc. i like s2k narratives... hahaha some are quite humorous. of course itis no good for those suffering ocd.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts