SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Besides looking pretty cool IMHO, the general idea is to lessen the effect of boarding following seas...sort of 'cross your heart' engineering, lift and separate. :rolleyes:

As ughmo points out, the loss of some storage is a trade-off as is the added complication of mounting a wind vane and other 'cruising hardware' due to the compound curves as oppose to a relatively flat transom.

BTW, I saw the pics and artist renderings of your boat...interesting profile. Got any pics of your boat you can share? Bet she's a 'true tracker' in a seaway with the fullkeel and the rudder that far aft. Nice looking boat and congrats on your stewardship. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have some prints from the old owner, i will try and get scaned soon and upload.
I was thinking that it would be for the following seas, and when the boat is really leaned, it gives a better exit line for the water..

the other think i noticed is that when we apply helm, the rudder does not simply trun side to side, is swings up and sidewards.

I have quickly come to realie that there are a lot of tradeoffs for mounting items on the rear, and some soorage issues as well, just wanted to know what the trade off was.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts