SailNet Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts
Sounds like Doug and Evelyn are certainly having an eventful yachting experience!..

Makes me appreciate (and be grateful for) how dull mine is. :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
How does a simple B&E get on the news with a vid crew, especially in a big city.
Probably because it's not quite a simple B&E. I mean, it is pretty bizarre that the guy broke in, drank some beer, smoked some pot that he had brought with him, ate a cake, and then tried to claim to be harbor patrol when the owners came back. That sort of strangeness would make the news in most any city--especially if it happened to be a "slow news day" in other regards.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Probably because it's not quite a simple B&E. I mean, it is pretty bizarre that the guy broke in, drank some beer, smoked some pot that he had brought with him, ate a cake, and then tried to claim to be harbor patrol when the owners came back. That sort of strangeness would make the news in most any city--especially if it happened to be a "slow news day" in other regards.
Right, "that he had brought with him" ;)

·
Captain S/V Triumph
804 Posts
Sounds like Doug and Evelyn are certainly having an eventful yachting experience!..

Makes me appreciate (and be grateful for) how dull mine is. :)
Well, considering this man was seen walking the docks for awhile, he chose this vessel, as so many do, because she stands out amongst the others here.

So..... it's hard to live a dull life when you stand out amongst the crowd.

:)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Having enjoyed an afternoon on Triumph on MV last year (invited) along with Evelyn and Doug's hospitality I could see why our harbor patrol wannabe selected Triumph...now if he had only picked a more plausible identity, say maybe Capt. Jack Sparrow or Capt. Ron
he may have gotten away with his folly. However, even then, eating a mans birthday cake!
...there are certain lines that one does not cross.
Happy Birthday Doug!
Sorry for your troubles, delighted that you both are alright.
Regards,
Hugo

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
Having enjoyed an afternoon on Triumph on MV last year (invited) along with Evelyn and Doug's hospitality I could see why our harbor patrol wannabe selected Triumph...now if he had only picked a more plausible identity, say maybe Capt. Jack Sparrow or Capt. Ron
he may have gotten away with his folly. However, even then, eating a mans birthday cake!
Happy Birthday Doug!
Regards,
Hugo
But did you get smoke joints? You may have had the budget visit!

·
Captain S/V Triumph
804 Posts
Happy Birthday Doug!
Regards,
Hugo
Thank you Hugo!

If you're ever in Boston come on out for a cruise!

Doug & Evelyn

·
Closet Powerboater
3,925 Posts
Doug and Evelyn,

Great to see you guys laughing it off in the video and that it seems there was really no harm done. The interior of your "houseboat" (as referred to by the news anchor) is beautiful BTW.

Doug. You need to write a book, though I get the strange impression that the better parts of the book are still yet to be written.

MedSailor

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Hi Doug and Evelyn

We really enjoyed our tour too. Boat looks great.
Good to hear from you again.
At least no one was hurt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.